Friday 7 February 2014

WIT Mentoring Certificate

This morning a very pretty parchment arrives in the post from the Academic Awards Office of Waterford Institute of Technology. My 10 credit, Level 9 Certificate in Mentoring, a component of my LIN Flexible Pathway Postgraduate Diploma in Learning Teaching and Assessment. Thanks to Sean Moran and his WIT team, as well as my fellow Mentoring colleagues, for all their assistance on this excellent module.


Sadly, the powers that be in IADT have decided that the LIN postgraduate Diploma is an 'intermediate' qualification, is not an 'appropriate' postgrad qualification (as they'd previously agreed), and therefore does not make me eligible for progression to Lecturer. I now have to wait for the completion and conferring of my Masters, sometime in November 2015, for my progression application to be even considered again. A valued member of the Institute team? It certainly doesn't feel like it.

1 comment: